Well this is new and exciting! We are part of a treasure hunt today and if you apply your sleuthing skills carefully, you might win a book and goodies in the end. We present to you clue 15 today and wish you good luck! Hopefully you have as much fun as we have with this *jumps around excitedly*
The Last Treasure Hunt – a modern media morality tale
At the age of thirty, Campbell Johnstone is a failure. He’s stuck behind the bar of a shabby pub, watching from the sidelines while everyone else makes a success of their lives. The most visible is Eve Sadler, a childhood friend and rising Hollywood star.
When Campbell tries to rekindle their relationship, he longs for the glitter of her success to rub off on him, but a single shocking night – the novel’s shattering twist delivered with a knockout punch – changes everything. Campbell is about to discover the bittersweet taste of fame, and in the process, struggle to save his soul and overcome his own self-delusion.
The Last Treasure Hunt explores our obsession with fame and celebrity with great intelligence and sly wit – it’s a modern media morality tale with bite.
Two lovers in the water
He leads her out by hand
What a sweet life, he thinks
To be with one so grand.
How the hunt works:
• Each clue refers to a landmark or iconic location in a film. The landmark/location is the answer – when you figure it out, make a note of it!
• (If you need a hand, check out the #treasurehunt hashtag on Twitter or Instagram for a hint to the landmark’s location…)
• Clues will be revealed by some fantastic book bloggers from March 26th until April 21st. Keep checking back on Jane Alexander’s dedicated treasure hunt page (janealexander.net/join-the-hunt) or on the #treasurehunt hashtag for links and new clues.
• When all the clues are revealed, the first letter of every answer will make an anagram. Solve the anagram and you have your final answer!
• Email this answer and all the landmarks you figured out to email@example.com by April 30th to be entered into the prize draw. Two entrants will win a signed copy of The Last Treasure Hunt – and if you’ve guessed the most landmarks and locations, you’ll win a goodie bag and something special from Jane personally! On top of that you’ll get bragging rights on Twitter and we’ll publicly dub you queen/king sleuth.
• Good luck!
Praise for The Last Treasure Hunt:
‘The Last Treasure Hunt quickly asserts itself as something unique…a masterclass on what happens when empathy is absent. [Jane Alexander’s] debut novel marks the arrival of an important new voice.’
– Gutter Magazine
‘A fascinating character, as complex and exasperating as a real person. As he mires himself ever further into controversy, it’s as gripping as a real treasure hunt. He’ll stay with you long after the last clue is solved.’
– Mandy Haggith
Title: The Last Treasure Hunt (on Goodreads)
Author: Jane Alexander
Publication date: 26 March, 2015
Jane Alexander’s short stories and creative non-fiction has been widely published in a number of anthologies and literary magazines, including Mslexia, Litro and The Orphan Leaf Review. A winner of a major national story competition, and the recipient of a Scottish Arts Council New Writers bursary, Jane is also a lecturer in creative writing at the Open University.
Good luck, we hope you had fun and stay inky!